CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple
This is where I will serve part of my mission. It's so beautiful!

I'm going on a MISSION!!!!

As you all know I will be serving for the next 18 months in the Arizona Mesa Mission. My mission not only includes proselyting but also the Arizona Temple Visitor's Center. The best part is I get to learn Spanish! I'm so excited for the experiences I will have over these next 18 months. I would love to hear from everyone...seriously! I will write back those who write me so keep those letters coming, I know I am going to need them! Missionary work is tough. Once I leave on June 4th I will most likely not be able to keep up on the blog so I am putting my mom and sister in charge of that. They will post pictures and hopefully any emails I send. So keep updated on my crazy life these next 18 months. I'm so excited to get out and teach the gospel, it is going to be amazing! Thanks to everyone who has influenced my decision to go or who have supported me in my decision. You guys are awesome. I love you all!

Brit

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

can you believe its 2009?!?‏

hola!

well i had a good week...it was really long actually for some reason but it was good. a little stressful but hey that's my life for awhile. i completed 7 months on sunday...don't even get me started on how crazy that is. we are definately on week 4 of transfers...which just blows my mind!!! we have 2 more weeks and then im pretty sure im leaving this area...its bitter sweet really. i dont feel like i can progress as a missionary until i have a new area and a new comp. dont get me wrong i love both but its time for a change. though who knows with pres bassest anything goes. we are recieving 6 maybe 7 VC sisters this transfer and losing 2. the sister smith from australia is still in the mtc. she dislocated her knee cap....OUCH! anyways.
we are back to normal life...we actually have time in our area and we go to bed and get up at a normal time. its great....plus we get a full p-day! thats incredible. so let me tell you the crazy thing i did this week. on the 31st the mission sang for the concert at the VC...well one of the sisters in charge of it asked me to do a duet. i said sure no big deal i can do a duet...well i got up on stage and there was 1000's of people...i was a little scared. but i got thru the song and it went well. well afterward everyone was like i didnt know you sing...i was like i dont not in front of people like that. it was quite humorous. but people liked it...i guess my soprano voice over took the other sister's alto voice so you could really only hear me...not my intent but hey can't do anything about that now. but i wish i had a video of it for you all to see but i dont..just imagine me singing. funny!
we've been finding some really good people lately. last night we had an appointment and the husband was like "yeah i heard there was a prophet...i think his name is like thomas"...i was in shock!!! it was so neat and they are this cute young family. i was reading in PMG yesterday that you should strive to teach families...then we found one that day. so neat! little miracles each day happen. if you want to see that hand of God in your life then go on a mission because there is NO WAY you wont see miracles. we're still working to get luis the priesthood. he's ready for it...the other day we asked him if he wanted to serve a mission and he said yes. too bad he's too old because he would do amazing! so we just take him with us and so do the elders. its neat! xiomara is doing well...she's gotten a little lazy with scripture and prayers and it shows. we talked about it yesterday and she is suppose to read and pray everyday! satan tries to get these new members of the church so much!!! that's why it is so important to do everything you can to fight him off. she will be fine just has to get back on the ball.
the VC is definatley different now...its much quieter...so crazy! but its nice to be back to normal. before we know it easter will be here and then we have the easter pagent. ive just heard amazing things about that so i am excited! i guess its been a boring week because nothing too exciting happened.
i hope that you all are doing well. i miss you tons! cant wait to hear from you all next week.

i love you.
hna smith
ps- i definatly am wearing short sleeves in january...jealous?

0 comments: