CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple
This is where I will serve part of my mission. It's so beautiful!

I'm going on a MISSION!!!!

As you all know I will be serving for the next 18 months in the Arizona Mesa Mission. My mission not only includes proselyting but also the Arizona Temple Visitor's Center. The best part is I get to learn Spanish! I'm so excited for the experiences I will have over these next 18 months. I would love to hear from everyone...seriously! I will write back those who write me so keep those letters coming, I know I am going to need them! Missionary work is tough. Once I leave on June 4th I will most likely not be able to keep up on the blog so I am putting my mom and sister in charge of that. They will post pictures and hopefully any emails I send. So keep updated on my crazy life these next 18 months. I'm so excited to get out and teach the gospel, it is going to be amazing! Thanks to everyone who has influenced my decision to go or who have supported me in my decision. You guys are awesome. I love you all!

Brit

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

well president wasnt kidding....‏

hola!

i am whitewashing....but luckily im not training too. my new companion is sister lopez. she is a total sweetheart and im excited to work with her. though im sad to leave my area and my comp. if you want to know more about sis lopez look online for rebecca lopez...she's a singer and has made a cd for the church. so she's a pretty big deal...haha.
its been a week filled with adventure. now you might want to be sitting down for this one...i ate something i never thought i would before. have you ever heard of menudo? well to tell you a little bit about it, its a soup that contains the inside lining of the cow's stomach. lets just say i almost threw up in my mouth. not that it tasted bad its just the fact i knew what it was. on the bright side...i learned how to make tortillas and sis colon also taught me how to make tostone. its made from platanos(kinda like banana but more starchy) and is really good.
i also discovered a new fruit called kumquat. they grow on a tree like an orange and we actually have a kumquat tree on the temple grounds. if ever eat one make sure its really orange and just pop the whole thing in(peel and all). they are a little sour but i like them.
the highlight of the week was saturday and sunday. julia was baptized on saturday and she was soooo happy. on sunday she was confirmed in church. she just loves the gospel and i have no doubts she will be firm always. last night we went over there and she was like i havent slept but 2 hours because i was worried sis smith was leaving because i offended her. she didnt understand that i had to leave. so we explained it to her and then we ate donuts and milk together. she's so cute.
also on sunday my recent convert luis was given the priesthood and ordained a priest. i was filled with so much gratitude for my Heavenly Father because i got to be a part of these conversions. i really dont feel i did anything...the Lord has allowed me to sit in and see these people change.
the bishop asked me to get up and bear my testimony on sunday...talk about nerve-racking....it was the first time ive ever born my testimony in spanish in front of that many people. it was fine though.
this next transfer is going to be CRAZY!!! we have to learn the area and get to know the people together. the Lord will help us i have no doubts about that. im doing so well...i cant imagine what it will be like to leave for good because leaving my area is breaking my heart. but i know it is time and im ready. at least people can come visit me in the VC.
before i forget...L. Tom Perry is coming tomorrow. im so excited to hear what he has to say to us. i really am lucky to have these rare opportunities to listen to an apostle of the Lord.
well i love you all. i will let you know how this week goes. take care!

hna smith

0 comments: