CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple
This is where I will serve part of my mission. It's so beautiful!

I'm going on a MISSION!!!!

As you all know I will be serving for the next 18 months in the Arizona Mesa Mission. My mission not only includes proselyting but also the Arizona Temple Visitor's Center. The best part is I get to learn Spanish! I'm so excited for the experiences I will have over these next 18 months. I would love to hear from everyone...seriously! I will write back those who write me so keep those letters coming, I know I am going to need them! Missionary work is tough. Once I leave on June 4th I will most likely not be able to keep up on the blog so I am putting my mom and sister in charge of that. They will post pictures and hopefully any emails I send. So keep updated on my crazy life these next 18 months. I'm so excited to get out and teach the gospel, it is going to be amazing! Thanks to everyone who has influenced my decision to go or who have supported me in my decision. You guys are awesome. I love you all!

Brit

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's January and I'm wearing SHORT SLEEVES!!!

hey everyone!

well its been a loooooooong week. i dont know why that just happens sometimes. today we start week 5 of the transfer meaning next week is the last week. crazy, i know. tomorrow are interviews with the president which is always fun. im lucky to have such an amazing mission pres. also for big news on saturday elder bednar is coming along with elder snow(seventy). so we get a special missionary fireside with them on saturday. then on the 28th elder perry is coming. its quite rare to have so many general authorities but im not complaining. they are even shutting the VC down during their devotionals so all the missionaries can go. so ill let you know how that all goes.
its actually been quite nice here is AZ...not to rub it in but its like 70's right now. i kinda love AZ winters.
i have had some interesting experiences this week...for example a half naked man answered the door the other night....talk about awkward!!!
oh the new sister smith finally got here from the MTC. she is a sweetheart and just doing great!!! so im going by hermana smith and she is sister smith...though she is determined to speak spanish. sister colon and i have something up our sleeves for the farewell in 2 weeks. lets just say we will be wearing old lady clothes. i will send pictures dont you worry.
as for my investigators...they are doing really well. julia is pretty much set for her baptism on the 24th. she is just AWESOME!! the ward has taken her in and just really loved her. this week we had the rare opportunity to teach the word of wisdom to a doctor. usually we dont meet many professionals but he is the husband of one of our investigators and he was visiting from mexico. it was neat and he basically just backed up the whole lesson with facts.
oh i found an interesting fact that many of you may not know...Jesus was an illegal immigrant. i know it was suprising to me too but my investigator from guatamala told me that he was...talk about a weird lesson. we taught this man miguel last night and he told us that Jesus was a immigrant. we tried to relate it back to the restoration but it was hard. after it was over sister colon and i laughed and we're like wow that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. i think ive heard it all now.
the VC is extremely slow now that christmas lights are down. the other night we had 124 people come in during the whole day...compare that to 4000. just doesnt compare.
a few sisters are going full field this transfer...maybe i will go who knows. im nervous about training so hopefully i dont train this transfer but anything is possible.

keep me in your prayers...haha. well that is my week. hope all is well in all parts of the world.

remember i love you all.
hermana smith

ps- when you send me letters(hint, hint) please put Hna Brittany Smith...it will make life much easier for me:)

0 comments: