CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple
This is where I will serve part of my mission. It's so beautiful!

I'm going on a MISSION!!!!

As you all know I will be serving for the next 18 months in the Arizona Mesa Mission. My mission not only includes proselyting but also the Arizona Temple Visitor's Center. The best part is I get to learn Spanish! I'm so excited for the experiences I will have over these next 18 months. I would love to hear from everyone...seriously! I will write back those who write me so keep those letters coming, I know I am going to need them! Missionary work is tough. Once I leave on June 4th I will most likely not be able to keep up on the blog so I am putting my mom and sister in charge of that. They will post pictures and hopefully any emails I send. So keep updated on my crazy life these next 18 months. I'm so excited to get out and teach the gospel, it is going to be amazing! Thanks to everyone who has influenced my decision to go or who have supported me in my decision. You guys are awesome. I love you all!

Brit

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Phone Call!!!

We are just "over the moon" from speaking to our Hermana Smith last night. She was able to speak with Hillary on Christmas Day, however, we spoke to her on the 26th due to us being out of town.
She sounds great and is enjoying "the work!" She is well loved by those she works with at the Visitor's Center as many of them butted in to tell us how much they adore her!! She has a tiny bit of an accent- at least we all thought so EXCEPT for her Padre who said he didn't .
She has picked up a few sayings that we noticed while speaking with her - one of the funniest was when she said "AY YAI YAI!"
I know that tears were shed when she spoke with her sister, however, with the rest of us she was strong and didn't shed any. We did LAUGH a lot and had great conversation!
A BIG thank you for those that have sent some Holiday Cheer her way, she is very appreciative and feels blessed! We are so grateful to have such a wonderful example in our lives as Hermana Smith. She truly raidiates the spirit of Christ in all that she does. She said that she sees MIRACLES happen every day. She said, "a lot of times we aren't even asking for them, Mom!" She knows that Heavenly Father is guiding, protecting, and blessing her everyday. She loves the gospel and the opportunity she has to bring it into the lives of those saints in Mesa, Arizona.

Keep up the good work Hermana Smith! We love you and pray for you everyday!!!

0 comments: