CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple
This is where I will serve part of my mission. It's so beautiful!

I'm going on a MISSION!!!!

As you all know I will be serving for the next 18 months in the Arizona Mesa Mission. My mission not only includes proselyting but also the Arizona Temple Visitor's Center. The best part is I get to learn Spanish! I'm so excited for the experiences I will have over these next 18 months. I would love to hear from everyone...seriously! I will write back those who write me so keep those letters coming, I know I am going to need them! Missionary work is tough. Once I leave on June 4th I will most likely not be able to keep up on the blog so I am putting my mom and sister in charge of that. They will post pictures and hopefully any emails I send. So keep updated on my crazy life these next 18 months. I'm so excited to get out and teach the gospel, it is going to be amazing! Thanks to everyone who has influenced my decision to go or who have supported me in my decision. You guys are awesome. I love you all!

Brit

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Lord takes care of his servants.....

my dear family and friends-

well i have a little suprise...sis colon and i are both staying in the area togethor. i was quite suprised...i mean i didnt even write in my new planner yet because i was for sure i was leaving. but its all good...im glad i dont have to spend my p-day packing---YUCK! life is good im tired as ever. like this morning i just laid in bed for like an hour...it was p-day so i could do that. but thats the life. i asked sis colon if i will ever not be tired again...im pretty sure no. but the amazing thing is we get up ever morning and do it all again. the Lord sustains His servants.
this week was awesome! we saw sooooo many little miracles. last night luis lugo and xiomara reyna got baptized. it was beautiful!!! these are 2 people that i found and taught all the way thru. it was a struggle at times...especially with luis. but they are both content and so am i. we had to do a little talk while they were all changing and as i was bearing my testimony i almost lost it. im like you cant cry..dont cry. i didnt but i was so close...i gotten to be quite the emotional person on the mission...i dont know why! there is nothing that brings more joy then seeing people you taught enter the waters of baptism. i couldnt be happier. we are hoping to start this transfer strong and have lots of success. sis colon and i have had 4 baptisms together. we keep finding new people and the Lord is truly working miracles. as for christmas lights...well they are good. its so busy! on friday night we had 4000+ people. it was crazy...but good thing 1-i love to be busy 2-i got my dad's gift of gab 3-i have 6 months of spanish under my belt. i love the work! i was doing a christus presentation the other night and this dude sitting front row was like commenting on my spanish while i was talking. its a little distracting...but i love it when people like my spanish. a indian man told me my spanish was beautiful...he doesnt understand but at least it sounded good. haha.
also i keep running into people who i know or who know people i know. for example i was talking to these 2 guys in the vc and i asked where they were from...turns out one is from ELK GROVE and is best friends with st. john...i guess he called heather and told her he saw her cousin in the vc. also i was in the vc talking to people and i look over and there was the guy i recognized...then i saw his wife and right away i knew it was the memmots!!! brian and sara memmot who use to live in montana. so i gave them an update on montana and they told me they would call mom and dad...i dunno if they did. but it was really nice to see someone i know. its actually cold here in AZ...i mean we dont have snow but seriously i need a jacket. in fact im gonna look for a jacket because im chilly....at least there wont be snow.
ive been getting a few cards from people in england. its nice to recieve mail even when you dont know who they are.
as far as i know everyone is doing well. i am well and healthy. im loving life and loving the mission.
we have 4 sisters going home tomorrow..its so weird you always have to say goodbye to people and i HATE it...but life goes on. tomorrow we will recieve a new sister...her name is sister elizabeth smith...crazy i know!!! she's from australia and im just dying to meet her.
im doing pretty well as of now. i hope you are all warm and safe. have a great week.

i love you!
hna smith Hermana Colon, Xiomara, Hermana Smith

Hermana Colon, Luis, Hermana Smith

0 comments: