CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple
This is where I will serve part of my mission. It's so beautiful!

I'm going on a MISSION!!!!

As you all know I will be serving for the next 18 months in the Arizona Mesa Mission. My mission not only includes proselyting but also the Arizona Temple Visitor's Center. The best part is I get to learn Spanish! I'm so excited for the experiences I will have over these next 18 months. I would love to hear from everyone...seriously! I will write back those who write me so keep those letters coming, I know I am going to need them! Missionary work is tough. Once I leave on June 4th I will most likely not be able to keep up on the blog so I am putting my mom and sister in charge of that. They will post pictures and hopefully any emails I send. So keep updated on my crazy life these next 18 months. I'm so excited to get out and teach the gospel, it is going to be amazing! Thanks to everyone who has influenced my decision to go or who have supported me in my decision. You guys are awesome. I love you all!

Brit

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 3rd letter

HOLA HOLA HOLA-


can yo believe its december? its seems like every email is a new month. if you can believe it i will be celebrating 6 months tomorrow. i know it seems like yesterday i was saying good bye but it was 6 months ago...crazy! this week was good. DRUM ROLL EVERYONE.....lorena got MARRIED and BAPTIZED!!! it was a close one. all week we have had problems starting with the marriage license and ending with actually getting them to the chapel. sometimes i just love my members that forget to take my investigators to their own wedding...im not bitter or frusterated...just i love them:) but have no fear we got samuel and lorena to the altar. lorena looked great thanks to sis colon's mad skills and the kids well they were still crazy. the one thing i wish we would've known is that lorena is afraid of the water...i wish i had a video to show you. right before she told us she was afraid...that was an understatement. how about lorena was TERRIFIED! poor elder eldredge..he dunked her and she kicked her legs and screamed. but she got all the way under the first time...thank goodness because there was no way we were getting her under again. her confirmation was beautiful and just perfect for lorena. the Lord really knows His children and speaks to them in the way they can understand. i have to admit i was a like leerly about baptizing lorena because she doesnt understand everything but we went over yesterday and taught her a lesson. a few days about we talked to her about language and how we need to use good words only since she swears and her kids do too...i dont understand the spanish swear words but sis colon does. well she started talking about how she talked to her kids about that and that she is trying to stop swearing. she knows enough and she is such a sweet spirit. as for the christmas lights....lets talk about CRAZY!! the first night we had over 5000 people in the VC. they figure 2 times that were on the grounds. i love it cuz i get to talk to people all night long. sunday night there were tons of spanish people so i got to speak spanish all night. i love to speak spanish its fun and people actually understand me...its AMAZING!!! ive gotten to hear a bunch of different accents..spanish differs so much place to place. last night i had to announce for the concert in spanish. though im still convinced there was no one there who spoke spanish...i did it anyway and i was soooo nervous. but it went well and i didnt mess up spanish too bad. i had a visit from jess and matt tiner this week along with emily. it was good to see them and give jess a big hug. i sent my love with her so hopefully you all got my hi's and i love you's. i also got a visit from melissa beagley's grandparents. it was nice of them to stop by.small world moment...i was talking to these ladies from the UK and asked where they are from and they said yorkshire. well i told them that my family is up by harrogate and they started talking about all the people they knew up there. i guess the one lady grew up with the bishop and they also knew the smith's and the thoriouts(i dont know how to spell it). the one ladies name is melanie williams( its her maiden name) so tell the bishop hi for her.this is the 5th week of the transfer...meaning next week is the last one. im pretty sure ill be transfered and if not i will get a new comp. im ready for some sort of change whatever it may be. i am doing well. nothing too crazy happening. i feel like i dont have any funny stories....though i swear snoop dog was in the VC last night..crazy!(or maybe it was his slightly less stoned son) well i love you all. i hope you have a great week.

keep praying and trust in the Lord always.


hna smith

ps- enjoy the pictures...my little lorena is growing up:)

0 comments: