CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple
This is where I will serve part of my mission. It's so beautiful!

I'm going on a MISSION!!!!

As you all know I will be serving for the next 18 months in the Arizona Mesa Mission. My mission not only includes proselyting but also the Arizona Temple Visitor's Center. The best part is I get to learn Spanish! I'm so excited for the experiences I will have over these next 18 months. I would love to hear from everyone...seriously! I will write back those who write me so keep those letters coming, I know I am going to need them! Missionary work is tough. Once I leave on June 4th I will most likely not be able to keep up on the blog so I am putting my mom and sister in charge of that. They will post pictures and hopefully any emails I send. So keep updated on my crazy life these next 18 months. I'm so excited to get out and teach the gospel, it is going to be amazing! Thanks to everyone who has influenced my decision to go or who have supported me in my decision. You guys are awesome. I love you all!

Brit

Friday, November 7, 2008

Life in the MTC

Life in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) was a lot of fun but a bit too long for Hermana Smith. She was ready to hit the road to Mesa at about the 3 week mark but hung in there another 6 weeks to become semi-fluent in Spanish. At least enough to say a simple prayer and testimony. Below are a few photos of her companion Hermana Colgan and the elders that were in her district.

Most of the above Elders are currently serving in the Los Angeles, California Spanish speaking mission. She has made life long "brothers" as she lovingly referes to them.
Hermana Smith and Hermana Colgan taking the traditional photo at the MTC.... Pointing to their mission - Mesa Arizona Spanish speaking mission!!! Bring on the warm weather, mexican food, and the investigators!!!
A priceless picture to a missionary mom!!!!

0 comments: